? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Toya's First Game

Sorry it has been so long, AGAIN! Now it's catch up time! This post is before Sarah and John left to go back to N.C. On Friday (11/30), Latoya had her first basketball game to cheer for. All the girls did really good. We were super excited that Sarah and John were here for her first game. Here is a slideshow and a video from the game (in the video, toya is in the very center and then is the base for the pyramid on the right hand side):










On Saturday was Sarah and John's last real day home. My kids normally spend the night at my mom's on Saturdays and they did that night too. The adults stayed up to play uno attack, and the kids were in bed watching a movie. Here is a picture I snapped on all 5 grandkids:


On Sunday, my hubby and I brought John, Sarah, and Grayson to the airport. It was soo hard saying goodbye to them. I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to cry, but after they got checked in and Sarah came to get Grayson, I lost it. I now know how she felt every time she had to say goodbye to my kids. I think it is just about as sad as it would be saying goodbye to your own kids. Here is a picture of the little man at the airport:


When we came back home, we went to pick up the kids at church and went to the fire station where my hubby volunteers (cause you know he has ALOT of free time). They had a Christmas party. They always have santa come and each child gets a gift. While we were there, my hubby was promoted to Captain! He was very excited about that. On the way out I took pictures of the kids on the firetruck. Here is a picture and then a slideshow of the Christmas party:






On monday, we got a snowstorm. We received severel inches of snow. The kids loved it and were very excited to go out and play. They played while I snowblowed the driveway. Here are some pictures in the snow:



The rest of this week has been fairly uneventful. The girls are not feeling well and have not been feeling well for quit a while. Hopefully they get better soon. I think I will go to the toy library tomorrow if the girls are feeling a little better. They have been home since Tuesday.

The last bit of news is that we will be doing a fundraiser for Brendon. Many of you remember him from when we raised money for him. He is my friends son that was diagnosed with lymphoma in April. Here is the letter we sent around via email. I am part of this, but not the main person. I help set up the site, but it was not my idea (although it is an EXCELLENT one). I know many families are having a hard time this Christmas, but in case there are those who do want to donate to someone in need, please consider this. Here is the letter:

Hi, I am a friend of Andy and Amber Dunn . I am writing to everyone on Amber ’s Myspace Friends page. If you read the updates Amber does, you might remember a recent one when she said they went to a parade and Brendon said he would give up all his Christmas gifts if he could only get a dirt bike. Amber said that it just wasn’t feasible. So, immediately my friends mind started racing on how she could help make this dream of Brendon ’s a reality, then it hit her. She started a blog page that you can get to by clicking http://helpmakehiswishcometrue.blogspot.com/. Our goal is to raise $1,000 (it sounds like a lot but really, if 50 people give $20, there is $1,000!!!) by December 26 so we can present Brendon with a dirt bike (or a 4 wheeler, we know he really wants one of those too) when he comes back from Legoland. If you were looking for something special to put some Christmas money towards please consider putting it towards granting Brendon ’s second wish for Christmas! (his first of course was Legoland!).

Please send this on to ANYONE you want!

If you have any questions about this message please contact me or Miranda (her email address is on the blog page).

Brendon does not know anything about this, but Amber does. Feel free to verify the information with her. Last she knew it was just a thought, she does not know that we are actually putting the thought in motion. We would like to keep it a secret from her and Andy as well, but understand that people may want to verify that this is in fact a real fundraiser.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

J & S Bernard + One said...

congrats doug!what does this promo mean? love the pict of the kids @ grammies. toya looks all grown up in her cheer uni.-she is such a pretty girl.

Proud Grandparents said...

Love all the pictures! Congrats to Dougie! Job Well Done - We are proud of him! All the kids are growing up so fast! Keep them little while we can OK!

Proud Grandparents said...

Love all the pictures! Congrats to Dougie! Job Well Done - We are proud of him! All the kids are growing up so fast! Keep them little while we can OK!

Debra said...

Congrats to Latoya and your hubby! I love the cheerleading outfits... they are so modest! Olivia has that same outfit (ice blue skirt and jacket) that the girls are wearing. What do you have her wear on their legs when they were it in winter? I did not think tights were warm enough.

We had a snow storm Thursday. One is expected today too. I am sort of glad we are in seclusion again with the boys this year. This FL gal was NOT made for snow!

Linda said...

Love the slideshow of Toya's team cheering! They seem really into it! Love her in the uniform! Congrats on your hubby! How exciting!! Bet the kids are loving the snow!! Sounds like you really miss your sister. It's hard not having your sister here with you to share everthing with. I talk to Tammy every day but it's not the same as having her here with me. I cry everytime they have to go back home. :( So I understand where you're at.

Laura said...

I'm not made for snow either! The girls look adorable in those blue outfits! I also think the cheerleader is quite adoroable, how fun she is doing all this! NOt to forget Jordan as always he is adorable!