? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, October 06, 2008

Yet another Circus and Goodbye to Eden!

So, this past Thursday, we went to yet another circus! This time it was the Barnum and Bailey Circus. This is the third circus we have been to this year. I would say this was the best, but onlt because of the animals. We got to see elephants and tigers! We were greeted by the protesters at the entrance to the show. I haven't been to a Barnum & Bailey Circus in so long that I had forgotten about the protestors. Once we watched the show, I found it interesting that they were only protesting the elephants, but it was the tigers that I thought were treated badly. I guess I didn't remember them hitting the tigers with whips. I am not a animal activist by any means, but I really found that to be very disturbing! The elephants from what I could see were treated quit nicely. Anyway, the kids had a good time and besides the tiger act, I was impressed. Here are a couple of really cute photo's of Gray with the kids. He loves to hug them and kiss them (or anybody for that matter). You'll have to excuse the red photo's, I think that my battery was not fully charged so it made the quality of the shots red? Anyway, they are still cute!



On Friday, my sister and I threw a babyshower for one of the daycare workers at the gym we go to. We love Eden, and the kids love her. For some reason, our gym has a hard time keeping workers, but Eden has always been there on time everyday and goes above and beyond her job. She doesn't just like to play with the kids, she LOVES them. She is philipino (I believe) and doesn't speak very good english. She seems to understand it fine, but just does not speak it well. She is 36 and is having her first baby! She is due next month, and we are very excited for her. She has no family here and only a few friends. Her friends threw her a baby shower, but all she got was some clothing. She had no big things for the baby (crib, bassinet, carseat, swing, nothing). I was laying in bed one night and thought how nice it would be to give her a shower from us mom's that use the daycare. I talked to my sister, and the planning began. We went to all the mom's in the daycare and asked them to either bring their own gift, or give a donation so we could buy her some of the big things she needed, most of them chose a donation. We hatched the plan and Eden had no idea. On the day of the party, we had the guy at the front desk get her out of the daycare to "fill out some paperwork, and then pretend he couldn't find it". While he was doing that, we snuck in the back way and set everything up. She never had a clue! All the mom's snuck in (their kid's were already there), and we yelled surprise. She started crying and got everyone else crying. We were able to get her a brand new pack n play with the bassinet, changing table, mobile, and accessories on the side, we got her a carseat, stroller, snuggli, swing, playmat, diapers, plus a couple other brought clothes and a gift card. Here are some pictures from the party, and a slideshow:






I also wanted to share something kinda neat that happened last week. My girls have been going to speech for a while. Usually they work together, but about a month ago their speech therapist decided to seperate them. She had been saying that she wanted to find a couple of kids for the girls to work with, but didn't have anyone yet, so they worked alone for a few weeks. Last week, we walked into our appt., and there were two boys sitting there. I didn't pay much attnetion, until she came out and said to me "look who I found for your girls". I looked up and relaized they were identical twin boys! They are the cutest things! I asked their mom how old they were, and she said 3 1/2. Their birthday is a month before the girls. So, now, each of my girls works with one of the boys. Isn't that neat! There are 4 sets of twins that go to our gym daycare too. Three of the sets are the same age, my girls, a set of fraternal girls, and a set of identical boys. The other set are fraternal girls, but they are babies and mostly go at night. Anyway, just thought that was neat!

I also wanted to update on my weight loss, or lack thereof. I have literally been told by 5 different people this week "wow, you look like you've lost weight". While I am flattered, I am embarrassed to say that I had not...until today when I was down 1.2 lbs. I have really struggled with this, but am happy that I am atleast keeping it off for now. I am happy to report now that I have hit the 50 LB. mark!!!! I hope to keep going now that I seem to have made it out of the rut. I'm nto getting my hopes up though. I guess for people to say this, it means that I have probably lost in. I will check that on Friday to see, out of curiosity. Anyway, just wanted to update that. I also wanted to let everyone know that I have a weight loss tracker on the right hand side. If you don't see that go down in a while, it means I'm struggling! :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the post! Have a great week!

8 comments:

Laura said...

I was so impressed and touched by you giving someone in need a baby shower, what a sweet and thoughtful thing to do.

Keep up on the weight loss. It is normal for it to go slower after a while, just remember part of the work is to keep from gaining it back. When you work that hard that is not even an option. So you are working to loose and to not gain. 50 pounds is wonderful! Celebrate yourself!

Your kids are so cute.

Jemmmma said...

Glad to see you're back and blogging! 50 pounds is great. Keep up the good work!

Stephanie said...

Looks like the shower turned out so well. That was really sweet of you and Sarah. Congrats on the weight loss. I know you have lost inches. You look great!

girlytwins said...

Wow 50 lbs. You go girl. That is such a great accomplishment.

You and your sister are so wonderful for doing such a great job with Eden's shower. It sounds like it was well deserved and much needed. She is lucky to have such appreciative families to work with. You guys are so awesome.

Linda said...

what a great big heart you guys have! What a nice thing to throw her a shower. Congrats on 50LBS!! Way to go!!! The pics of the kids are very precious!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. Over from Angie's WW. Congrats on the 50lb weight loss. That IS amazing. You are also very sweet to throw a shower for someone who works at your gym that you've gotten to know closely enough. I am sure not a lot of people would do that.

Sue said...

Great job on the weight loss. 50 lbs is a huge accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. I bet you, like me, feel so much better about yourself now too. I feel like I can do anything now. Don't give up, just keep going.

Briana's Blog said...

That was great that you gave her a baby shower. Most people wouldn't have thought to do that. I had tears. :)