? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Birthday Surprise!

Well, I realize this was a week ago now, but I really have not had time to update. Last Thursday, my mom, Jess, and me went to the gym. Sarah and John stayed home and watched the kids. When we got back from the gym, I went in to get the kids and instead got a huge surprise. When I cam around the corner, all the lights were off and I was greeted by my kids, and the rest of the family with a cake. They sang happy birthday and then we enjoyed some lasagna, breadsticks, salad, cake, and ice cream courtesy of Sarah and John. It was a very happy birthday. My hubby also got to be there since he has Thursdays nights off. I have to say that I didn't have a clue. Everyone new, and no one let on. I think since I have been married, this has been my best birthday! I am soooo thankful to Sarah and John for thinking of me and making my 30th birthday special (doesn't feel any different than 29 either). My kids were VERY excited to be able to halp make me a cake as well. The twins still talk about the cake they made and how they sang to me. They also made cards for me. Kelsey and Kaylee wouldn't give them to me, they let me look then kept them for themselves! :) I love my kids! I love that they were so excited about doing something for me! They truly are great!

Last week was the first week that I went to the gym 6 days a week! I plan on doing it all the time now. I do not know if I have lost anything since I have not weighed myself in forever, but I do know that I have ALOT more energy. I feel sooo much better. Now, my schedule revolves around when I can get to the gym, whether it be Monday mornings at 5 am or Tuesday at 4 pm. Either way, I get it in there. So, this is why you haven't seen any comments from me lately. I need to do this for myself so some of the things I used to do, I no longer have time to do. I hope you guys understand. I do read everyone's blogs and I will definitely keep up with mine, just maybe not as often. Now, my free time I used to have at night to do these things, are spent cleaning, and getting things ready for the next day. It's hard to explain, but I really just don't have the time that I used too. I also have to share that just doing the eliptical for 35 min. a day and 6 days a week, I burn 2400 calories! I found this absolutely amazing! I also do the sauna for 20 min. a day, plus my weight training so I definitely burn more than that a week. I still have to work on my eating a little more, but I will get there. I am also going to be joing the gym for a lifetime. Right now I pay $10 a month plus childcare. Of course, even though childcare is only a $1 per child for 1 1/5 hrs., when you have 4 kids, it adds up. So, right now they are having a special where you can buy a lifetime membership for $800. It sounds like alot, but really, it is a GREAT deal. The lifetime membership includes free childcare, free tanning, plus all the classes and discounts on the things they sell. This is for a lifetime, I will never pay another penny again! I will be paying this with our tax refund. I'm not excited about this since it is a big chunk, but it will definitely be worth it and pay for itself within a couple of years. Anyway, that is all for tonight. I have to get to bed, my time for exercising tomorrow is 8 am! :)

Thanks for all the comments to my last post. Venting really does make you feel better. Jordan has gotten alot better it seems, but I am not going to lay off for a minute. I am definitely proud of him. I will leave you with a few pics, Kelsey, Kaylee, and my favorite nephew ~ Grayson:


8 comments:

Laura said...

My life revolves around going to the gym too. I don't watch tv as much and other things I used to do because it eats up my free time. I go to the gym at all different hours, I just go. Tonight I went from 11-12am, which is why I am still up. It works. I feel great. I think you will find this to be the best thing you have ever decided to do for yourself and in turn it is also for your kids. Happy birthday, what a nice birthday too. I am so glad they remembered you that way, how sweet!~

Laura said...

Ps- I tagged you so I hope you will play along. You can see it on my blog.

Ellen said...

You go girl! Good for you for taking care of yourself and putting yourself ahead. It will truly overflow into every area of your life. I am working on this as well.... time is a very precious commodity though, isn't it? Happy late birthday. I'm glad you had such a good time. No, 30 really doesn't feel much different, does it? Have a great week.

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday!!! That's great that you are going to the gym like you are! Have a great day!!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to join you at the gym. I am glad that you had a good birthday. How sweet of everyone to surprise you.

Linda said...

I TAGGED you-- check out my blog! Have a great day!!!!

familyof6 said...

Happy late Birthday!! 30? Your a spring chicken!! LOL!!
That is great about the gym. I have been thinking of joining one and trying to figure out how and when I could get there. I can't believe you only pay $10 plus childcare. That is way cheap. I wouldn't be hesitating if I could get that good of a deal somewhere. And the lifetime membership sounds awesome. Good for you.

Jemmmma said...

Hey,
Just checking in. Hope you're busy with the gym and things you enjoy. Hope all is well.
Jeannie