? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter & Salvation

Latoya, Jordan, Kaylee(L), and Kelsey (R)


well, Easter has come and gone and i still have a few people willing to talk to me! although still no one got convicted and came to church with me. oh well, i tried. we did have some family members that decided to come (ones that don't read the blog). my grandmother came which was a huge blessing. most don't know this, but it wasn't long ago that she was not expected to live. she was facing surgery that we were told she would never survive through, and she did. :) she usually goes to a different church but can no longer do the stairs so she came to ours. she plans on coming faithfully right now, but we will see how her health holds up. i think she was glad to be back in church. my grandmothers sister was there, three of her daughters (one is my mom), and one of her sons. it was great to have so many family members there. i wish more of my family was faithful. here is a picture of my grandmother with my kids:


here are some from their egg hunt:





these next two are the girls playing in a foot bath. kaylee was the first to do it and we found her just sitting in there, very content. we were laughing at her so when she got out, kelsey decided if we thought kaylee was funny for being in there, then she was going to do it too.

Kaylee

Kelsey



now, i want to share something that i haven't shared before. Easter morning i woke up and the first person to pop into my head was my father in law (ted). he passed away a year ago in december. i couldn't help but think about the fact that he was having Easter with Jesus. i've had a few relatives pass away recently, but for some reason, he was the one i thought of. maybe it is because i think if he was here, that he would have come to the Easter service. maybe that is why i thought of him, he was letting me know that even though he wasn't there in person, he was there sitting with me in spirit. now, i am going to share a little about him. obviously there are people that do not know him, but he was a big gruff looking man with the heart of a teddybear. i loved seeing him with my kids! he was one of the most gentle men when it came to his grandkids. i'm so glad he got to see the twins before he passed away. they won't remember him, but i will remember him with them. one of my greatest memories was the day he asked Jesus to save him. he was in the hospital the day before he was to have the first heart surgery. one of the men from our church went to see him in the hospital. we were not there, but we met him in the lobby of the hospital as he was leaving and we were going to visit. when we were told that he had prayed, my hubby and i both cried along with the man that had led him to the Lord. when he passed away a week or so later, we greived right along with everyone else, but we knew that now we would see him again in heaven. we also knew that he was with Jesus and was walking around with no more pain like he always had. through his death we came to find out that one of his daughters was saved and her husband got saved the day of his visiting hours. the same man that led ted to the Lord, also ended up leading my brother in law to the Lord. one of my regrets is that i didn't tell him enough how much i loved him. i hope that he knew that i did. i am not a very touchable person, i don't like to hug or kiss people and i don't tell people i love them (besides my hubby and kids). it's not that i don't want to, but it just feels awkward to me i guess. this is what i get sometimes is regrets because if that. anyway, i just wanted to share that with everyone. ted has weighed heavily on my heart for the past couple of days. i'm not sure why. but i do know this, i can't wait to see him againand thank him for making doug the man he is today. he is so much like his father in regards to work and taking care of his family!!! there are pictures of ted with the twins below, but please read this first. i couldn't let Easter go by without witnessing to a few:

i used to go soulwinning when i was a teenager, but regretfully i must say that i no longer go, but i wish that all of you would read this short description of salvation: http://www.christcenteredmall.com/plan.htm then if you decide that you too would like to be saved and go to Heaven when you die, here is a prayer you can pray:
http://www.christcenteredmall.com/salvationprayer.htm

if you do say the prayer, feel free to let me know, but you don't have to, it is between you and God. if you would like to let me know, my email address is ds4nier@megalink.net.

here are some pictures of ted with the twins:

Ted with Kaylee the day she was born

Ted holding Kelsey and Sue (doug's mom) holding kaylee (i think they were a month old)

I hope everyone had a great Easter, i know we did!!!

4 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

What a wonderful tribute to your FIL and husband. HAPPY EASTER. Your kids look adorable.

Ellen said...

Happy Easter, Stace. I love the pics of the kids! Sorry that no one accepted your invite... it is unfortunate the way society seems to be headed these days. I am glad that your Grandmother was able to attend. Enjoyed reading all your posts. Tell Sarah congrats, and kudos to her to hold off on finding out - I definitely couldn't wait either!! LOL. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I cried when I read this. It takes much to witness and open your heart when you know anyone can read it. I am so thankful that we got to meet those many years ago when you first came to our school. I count you as a dear friend.

Laura said...

The kids look adorable. What great thoughts about your father in law and your husband, Easter is a good time to remember those things.