? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Welcome ~ Benjamin James :)



this will be a quick update! we welcomed another baby into the family today!!! my second cousin had her baby boy today! i say second cousin, but we were more like cousins. she is my age and we grew up together! i am sooooo excited for them. he was three weeks early and was not exactly as she expected it to be. she had bad pains in her back during the night last night and then this morning went to the dr.s. they determined she had preeclampsia which very quickly turned into HELLP syndrome. here is a link to a article about preeclampsia and if you scroll down farther you will see the HELLP section: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/188_1054.asp


because of these complications, she was forced to have a c-section. Jason and Joleene welcomed Benjamin James into the world at 1:57 pm. He weighs 6 lbs. 3 oz. and is 19 3/4 in. long. he sure is a cutie. i have not been down to see him, but his favorite auntie was gracious enough to send me some pictures to put on my blog :). as of now, mom and baby are doing fine!!! i hope to go visit sometime tomorrow morning as we have more SNOW coming in april!!!

Here are some more pictures of the bundle of joy:


Joleene ~ aka Mommy holding her baby :)
Proud grammy holding her first grandbaby :)
been a long day ~ time for a nap :)
proud aunt sue holding her first nephew!!!

i also have to share this. my due date with my son jordan was may 3rd, and joleene's due date with benjamin was may 3rd. jordan was born on the april 15th and benjamin was born today. i thought it was pretty cool. too bad benjamin couldn't wait a couple more days, huh??? anyway, congrats to mom and dad!!!! he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!



i also thought i would clear something up for all. laura asked if the cousins in my daughters school were my cousins, or my daughters. they are in fact my cousins. i am the oldest grandchild on my mom's side and i am 29. my youngest cousin is 3! i had all of my 4 kids before any of them even started having kids. my grandmother had 10 children and my grandfather had 12 kids from a previous marriage, so that made 22 kids for my grandfather, plus he was ALOT older than my grandmother (i want to say about 30 years, i actually think it may have been more, but not sure). he has been gone for 12 years now. i have an uncle that is 6 mo. younger than me :). are you confised yet???? my mom (pregnant with her first (me) ~ oldest of grammy's kids) and my grandmother (pregnant with her last, my uncle) were pregnant at the same time and my mom gave birth first. it is kinda confusing, but cool. i like that our family is different. we are all quit close as well. it's nice to have a big family sometimes.
anyway, now that i have completely confused you all, i hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...he is gorgeous! Congrats!!! That is really weird about the due dates...so apparently if your due date is in May you better watch out...my girls were due May 24th but born in Feb (not the same day but in May).

That is so weird that you have cousins that are so young. I was usually the youngest or close to it..never had any that much younger than I was. You have a huge family!

Debra said...

Oh Stacy! I could have written that post about my family! My mother is one of 10. Her mother (my g-ma) was still having babies after her oldest daughter (my aunt) was having her babies!! My first cousins range from in their early 50's to their late 20's. It is awesome that you all stay in contact and are close. We are so spread out and do not keep up with each other like we used to.

Congrats on the new baby in the family! He is darling!!

Love_My_Family said...

He is cute!!! Congrats!!! Babies are so precious! Hope she is having nothing but the best of times!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.