? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

My Grammy :)

A Mom's Prayer


Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called me to be a Mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose,

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face,

That you have blessed me all the while
And I stoop to kiss that precious smile.



first of all i wanted to say happy mother's day to all the mom's!!!


next, i wanted to tell a little about my day! about a month ago now, my mom sent out a leeter to all her siblings and neices and nephews (my cousins). a little background ~ my grandmother used to make sure that every sunday her and her 9 kids were in church. today, all of her girls (there are 4) are fairly faithful to church, but the boys have stopped going for a while now. last year during mother's day, my grandmother was not expected to live. we were all thinking it was going to be the last mother's days that we would get to spend with her. through many prayers and miracles, she made it. so, this year as a tribute to my grandmother, my mom wanted to see how many of her kids she could get back to church to honor her. i am happy to report that seven of her kids were in the service along with spouses, grandchildren, great children, neices, and one of her sister's. the total number of family members in the service today was 41!!!!!! what a tribute to her!! we then all gathered and each brought a dish to pass and ate lunch together. there are way too many pictures to upload one by one, so i created a slideshow (the last 7 pictures are from tonight before bed):



i also wanted to show the picture of the t-shirt we got for my mom (the ultrasound is my sister's baby):



here's one last poem:
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (a mom's version)

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep;
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet
Far from the daily family riot;
May I lie back ... not have to think
About what they're stuffing down the sink,
Or who they're with, or where they're at,
And what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself
(Did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no! Another goldfish ... dead!)

Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean ...
(Well c'mon! I've got the right to dream!)

Yes, now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep;
But as I look around I know ...
I must have lost them long ago!

4 comments:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

so sweet!! i hope you had a wonderful mother's day! i know you deserved it!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Laura said...

What a great tribute to all the mothers in your family! You are such a thoughtful person. You deserve kudos too, you are a wonderful mother!

Debra said...

Happy Mothers Day!!

I was thinking about the first poem and how blessed I am... then I read the 2nd poem and thought about ,y morning with my kids and thought... that is more my style today!!! LOL