? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, July 13, 2007

An Old Friend, And A Missed Friend!

I have to say that besides me having to bring my hubby to and from work, it has been a pretty relaxing week. We haven't done too much lately, i found a little tykes pool with a slide and a sprinkler on craigslist for $5. The kids LOVE it, even the older two as you can see from the pictures. I love watching them play in it. Today, my sister washed them all up and washed their hair in it (they kept their swimming stuff on) when they were done playing. It's not something I will do every time, but it worked today! :) Here is a video of them in the pool (Jordan was at school), and then a couple of pictures (please forgive the messy hair, we lost power that day so they hadn't been bathed yet):


Kelsey
Kaylee


After the girls woke up from their naps, we went to the hospital to see one of my mom's half sisters. I think it was Flo, but I'm not sure as there are twenty something kids (seriously). Anyway, she has a set of identical twin girls that are now 51, so my mom wanted her to see the girls. Before we headed to the 4th floor, I made a stop to the 3rd floor to visit the NICU and see if any of the girls nurses were there. The girls had lots of nurses, but the two main nurses were Elaine and Sarah. I never thought we would catch either of them there, but sure enough, Elaine was there! Sarah was supposed to be there as well, but there were not enough babies so she got to stay home. The kids loved seeing Elaine, words cannot express what our family feels for her. I know many will say that she was just doing her job, but she goes way above and beyond doing her job. She treated my kids like they were her own, even Latoya and Jordan. She was there taking care of my girls when I couldn't, and she did an AWESOME job. We don't get to see her enough. I also know that she would not like me bragging on her, but I consider her a part of our family. What better gift can you give then to take care of two tiny precious babies for a mom that can't be there 24/7, and do a GREAT job at that? Anyway, like I said, ALL of the nurses and Dr.s were great there, she was just the one that took care of the girls the most, and then Sarah. The girls acted like they remembered her too, they were running up to her and kissing her and hugging her over and over again! I had forgotten my camera, but I was glas that Jessica had hers. Here is a picture with Elaine and the twins and then Elaine with Toya and Jordan:
Kaylee, Elaine, and Kelsey

Jordan, Elaine, and Latoya



Anyway, after that we went up to visit my mom's half sister. She enjoyed the kids. I got a little surprise when her Dr. walked in to chat with her. I knew she looked familiar, and then she introduced herself. As soon as she said her name, I knew where I knew her from. Turns out she used to deliver babies and she was my Dr. when I had Latoya. She delivered her! I hadn't seen her in 8 years! Last I knew, she was leaving the practice to go out of state. I guess she is back. I should have taken a picture of Latoya with her, but I didn't think about it till after we left. Anyway, it was pretty cool to see her.

So, that is all for the blog for tonight. We are going to a parade tomorrow, the moxie day parade/festival (yes, it is about the soda). It is supposed to be the biggest parade in the state of maine. Pretty sad that it's all about a soda, huh?....lol. I am meeting my friend Miranda there with her two kids. I also wanted to end with a couple of blogs for you to check:
http://www.jsbernard.blogspot.com (my sisters ~ john has finally written a post)http://www.ourbenjaminjames.blogspot.com (my cousin ~ she has the cutest little boy)http://www.mybernardboys.blogspot.com (cassie ~ john's brother's wife) Please feel free to leave them some comments welcoming them to the blogging world. I know how much I like comments to see that people are actually reading my blog.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week! Hubby's car will be fixed, but it is number 7 in line so i may be bringing him to work for a while :)

5 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Ohhh pool! Love it! That looks like good fun. A lost puppy came and found us on Tuesday and ATE our nice blow up pool. Ugh. So we have pool envy.

Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Tammie

Laura said...

What fun! I am amazed that they let you wash them with cold water. My kids are rather spoiled. They won't go in the water till the sun warms it up a bit. The swimming pool they swim in at Grandpa's house is kept almost 90 so its like bath water... I have to say I love that too! The kids are looking great, having fun and keeping you hopping. You really get out a lot!

Laura said...

Oh and thanks for the kind words on my blog.

Laura said...

Oh and Laytoya seems so helpful with your girls. My girls and Lindsey are not that way much.

Casey's trio said...

Love the pool with the little slide! Very cool!
So fun for the girls to see one of their NICU nurses. We have a few of our faves that we still keep in contact with. They and even the hospital still feel like a second home whenever we go visit..strange, but after spending 4 months there, I guess it happens!
Hopefully Elaine read your blog and will see the kind words you said about her:)