? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, November 02, 2007

A Few Good Things!

First, I can't beleive it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted. Jordan has been off the steroids for a while now and is doing alot better! He still has some joint pain and some stomach pains, but they are more things that he just casually mentions before going to bed. I have not had to give him anything constantly, only when he really needs it. Since he has been off the steroids, I have only had to give him tylenol 3 times. He had a follow up appt. today and there was still only a trace of protein in his urine, so that is good as well. He is still breaking out with new forms of the rash, but in much smaller sections. He will be seen again in 2 weeks for another follow up for his urine, but they expect that to be the end of it. This is VERY good news!

Last Saturday was very busy! We started out by cleaning the church, and then headed down to my cousin's b-day party (he is the same age as latoya). I actually have 3 cousins born on that day, but he is the youngest of the 3. Michael turned nine! Here is apicture of him with his b-day cake:


After the birthday party, we came home and got the kids dressed up for the harvest party at church. It was a last minute thing, but the kids did have fun and received plaenty of candy! I didn't get any pictures of Latoya because they split up the kids this year and I had to stay with the twins. We were so excited to see cousin Ben (the baby scarecrow). He enjoyed lookingat all the kids. We don't get to see them enough. We were also happy to see Miranda and her two kids. Here is a picture of my kids with Ben, and the slideshow is following:




on the actual halloween day, we went to visit grandparents and then went to a local nursing home. we found out about this about 3 years ago now and have done this ever since. They have 4 floors and take groups of people and take them to different floors. on each floor, they have the residents out of their rooms and standing in the hallway. the candy is donated by lots of people and they give each of the residents a bucket and then they get to hand out the candy. i love doing this for a few reasons:

1. the people in the nursing home really enjoy all the kids
2. it is a one stop place
3. it is inside (it's usually quit cold this time of year)
4. the kids still get their candy while brightening someone elses day

after the nursing home, we went to the mall and they did sometrick or treating there. we were late, so quit a few stores had signs saying they were out of candy, but the kids had plenty anyway. my kids do not eat candy really, we usually end up donating it to the church for their kids activities.

The rest of the week has just been kinda crazy. I haven't really been doing anything extra, but it just seems like this week left me with no time for blogging. Some of that has to do with the fact that I now go to the gym with my mom 3 days a week. I thoroughly enjoy it. I actually look forward to exercising and maybe someday you all will actually see a picture of me :). We got a really great deal and paid $99 down so now we only pay $10 a month for the rest of our lives (or for as long as we want to be a member). They also have child care which only costs $1 per child for 1 1/2 hours! We usually exercise for about an hour, and then we go in the dry sauna for 20 min. It sure is hot, but we do it!

The girls surprised me last night when she insisted that she go poop on the potty. Keep in mind that since the first time I tried potty training them (about a month ago), that I have not even tried at all to potty train and had put all their underwear away and the potty away and have never asked them to try going on the potty. Anyway, she said she had to go poop and i said so go. she said no, she wanted to go on the potty. i got down the little potty and sue enough she went. of course i made a big deal about it and gave her a treat (this is where the candy from trick or treating will be going now) and kelsey came running up and got all excited and said "give me high five kaylee, your a good girl"! it was sooo cute. kelsey then decided she would try. she sat on the potty maybe 3 times before she finally got a little bit of pee to come out so she could get a treat too. :) jordan also decided it was a good idea and ran upstairs and did his business then came running back down and said "i went potty, do i get a treat"? haha, nice try! needless to say i was very excited, but was not expecting too much from them. this morning they got up and immediately wanted big girl undies on (dora ones). kelsey went pee right away. i kept asking them if they had to go potty and making them sit on it every now and then. kaylee actually ended up peeing in her undies both times she went, but kelsey stayed dry all morning. the thing that shocked me the most was that while we were eating lunch, she just announced that she had to go. i put her on and she did her business and went back to eating. i put diapers on for their nap, and a pullup for when we went downtown to do our shopping. they used one pullup for the whole night! at each store, we would have them sit on the potty. kelsey went poop at walmart and they both went pee while we were out. they did not come back completely dry, but they weren't too bad either. i am going to take it slow and let them determine how fast we go with it. while i am at home, i will keep them in undies (as long as things keep going like they are), and when we are out either pullups or diapers. i have no problem bringing them to the potty even with a diaper on, they can be put back on! so, that is where we stand, sorry it was so long, but i am very excited and wanted to document it! i promise to try and be better about blogging! i hope everyone has a great week! :)

11 comments:

Laura said...

I think trick or treating at a nursing home seems like a very nice thing to do! Your kids costumes were so cute. I am thrilled to read Jordan is improving, I hope it continues.

Great news on the potty training as well. I say go all or nothing at home for sure!!!

Good for you for joining a gym. I joined mine last January and I have lost a lot of weight, feel so much better and truly enjoy going. My kids cry to go there, cry, beg even! It's got to be one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Time wise it DOES take my time away (I go 5 days a week) but its so much better than when I wasted an hour or two doing other stuff, I get results!

Debra said...

I am SOOO glad to hear that Jordan is getting better! I am glad the steroids worked. Just a 3 day dose took my boys 4 week long cough away.

WTG girls on using the potty!!! It is a great feeling... knowing you will soon be done with diapers!!

That is so awesome you joined a gym!!! I think when Olivia goes to pre-kindergarten next year 5 days a week, I am going to join the Y near her school. The boys have hit the separation anxiety stage so it is hard to leave them right now.

keep up the good work Stacy!!

Joleene said...

Hi Stacy! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with Jordan. I've been thinking about you guys. I know Ben and my mom and sister had a nice time at the harvest party. You're right. We don't see each other enough. We'll have to have you guys over for supper soon. I'm curious about where your gym is. It sounds nice. You'll have to email it to me or call me some time. Talk to you soon!

J & S Bernard + One said...

love all the cute costumes. glad jordan is finaly doing better.

Proud Grandparents said...

Hey Stacy,
Thanks for the update - I enjpyed the slide show - all the kids were so cute! Love Mom

TheBernardBunch said...

We are so glad to hear that Jordan is doing better. I have been checking to see if you had an update.
The kids all looked so cute in their costumes, I love the trick or treating at a nursing home.

I am glad things are getting better. WOO HOO on the girls starting to potty train, that is FABULOUS... pretty soon you will have NO MORE DIAPERS... OH HAPPY DAY!
I look forward to that, Lucas is no where near ready!

I sent you an email, when you get a chance email me back.

Hugs,
Cassie

Linda said...

Praise the Lord that Jordan is getting better!! been wondering how he's doing. Still praying. :) The kids look really good in their costumes. :) That's awesome that you're going to the gym! Way to go. Must be planet Fitness. I heard that they having good pricing. Been thinking about joining with a friend. How do you like it over there?

Anonymous said...

Yippy skippy on Jordan feeling better! We had fun at the Harvest Party, glad we decided to get out and go. It was flashback city!! All the kids were really cute, and you should have asked me to take pics of Toya, I gladly would have! Awesome news on the potty training too, I have a long way to go before Olivia's ready! Talk to you soon. ~Miranda~

Claremont First Ward said...

Great news about Jordan. You deserve at least a year of healthy kids after the TB and then Jordan's thing.

What a great way to trick or treat...fun for the kids and the residents.

I can't believe what an incredible deal you got at the gym. I think if I could join a gym for that little down and such a small monthly payment and low cost babysitting maybe I'd take by lazy but to the gym! :)

The new picture in your header is so cute!

Happy Late Halloween!

Auntie of four plus one! said...

I am so glad Jordan is finally feeling better!!! I've been checking your blog to see if you had any updates about him. I'm glad the kids had fun trick or treating! Their customs were adorable-- especially the twins! glad to hear the girls are potty training but it's sad to me at the same time because that means my little girls are growing up on me while I'm far away! :(

Ellen said...

The pics are all SOOO cute! I am glad to hear some good news about Jordan. Hope the potty training is continuing to go well! How exciting!! :)