? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Should I keep them?

I bet some of you are thinking I am talking about my kids, but I'm not. I am talking about pictures. Toya and Jordan got their pictures taken at school and we just got them back. I am not going to tell you all what I think, I want you all to give me your honest opinion. I can either keep these ones or get retakes done. Here are the pics (click on them to make them bigger):



The potty training is going fairly well. Kelsey is down to one accident a day for the most part. Kaylee is a little slower. She really lost interest and wanted nothing to do with it, so I stopped training her and concentrated on Kelsey first. I figured it might be just as easy to train one at a time. Kaylee is back on track, but still a little reluctant. They definitely do not do as good with other people, but I guess that is to be expected. I am contemplating taking two weeks off from everything, including the gym, and church to exclusively potty train. I have come too far with them to just let it go and that is what happens when someone else watches them. It can definitely get VERY frustrating. It took me alot of time and effort to get them to this point and I definitely do not want to go backwards. Anyway, I guess we will see how it goes this week.

On wed., we had cubbies during the church service. My mom told the story and then we did a craft. The kids went into the other room after and played hide and seek. It was really cute to see 2 & 3 yr. olds covering their eyes and counting then running around to find their friends. I took some pictures, and here is a slideshow:



On Friday, a group of 5 moms from our church met at the toy library to let our kids play together and get some adult interaction. It was alot of fun and we plan on doing this every Friday. Between the 5 of us, we had 9 kids there. The kids had alot of fun. I don't think they really played with each other, but they all played and had plenty to do and us moms got a chance to talk to each other as opposed to kids all day. Four of us are stay at home moms, so we really need that, and the kids need that interaction with kids their own age as well. After, we went to eat with Briana and her two boys at pizza hut. She works, so I was supposed to watch her kids while she went home to get a few hours of sleep, but her oldest wouldn't stay with me. Her youngest stayed fine and fell asleep, but the oldest had to go home with her. I'm not sure why, but I guess he just doesn't like me. I have watched him a couple of other times and he has never so much as gotten in trouble by me. His mom said he is going through a clingy stage and I hope that is all it is. I take it personally when kids don't like me. Always makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. Anyway, here is a slideshow of our day at the toy library. There are not too many pictures as I was too busy enjoying my adult time! Here's the slideshow:



Today we had a ladies meeting at our church. Grampa was happy to watch the kids, so I got to go. It was a great time. There were alot of ladies there. They had bottled water and they announced that we had gone through 600 bottles of water! That gives you a little bit of an idea. It lasted from 10am to 4pm. They had lots of games and great teaching. We had two special speakers from out of state plus our preachers wife. For lunch, the ladies in our church were asked to each bring a crock pot of soup. There were about 30 different kinds of soup. It really went very well. There was no cost to anybody and there were lots of different churches represented there.

Well, that concludes this post. Please leave me your opinion on the pictures, I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great week!

13 comments:

Sue said...

I think the pictures are okay. I think they could be a lot better. I would do retakes. I'm glad the potty training is going pretty good. I'm sure it must be a lot of work. I look forward to seeing everyone after Thanksgiving.

Joleene said...

I would do the retakes as well. The kids are so cute and the pictures don't do them justice.

Joan said...

The pics are okay. I would do retakes. I don't think the picutes do them justice. I think the pics could be a lot better. Good job on the potty training.

J & S Bernard + One said...

i definatley understand the potty training as i have been through it 3 times. it is my least favorite thing. only i time was it managable=notice i did not say easy. i would do the retAkes. the kids usally take great pict so i would try again. 10 more days:)

Claremont First Ward said...

I personally love the picture of Toya. I think she looks very pretty. Of course I've never seen them in real life to compare, but I really like Toya's.

Mary said...

I think the pictures are adorable but if you think they would smile more in the retakes I would do retakes. When we were little Mom always told us to smile until we had those creases by our eyes...lol. If that makes sense ...it's easier when you say it in person to understand what I mean but it always helped us when we were little and I still think about that to this day when taking pics..LOL But other than that I think they are adorable pics. It's also hard for others to say that don't know the children as well as a mother. Sometimes people love pictures of my girls but I know how they are and know whether or not they are good. That may not make sense either..lol. What do you think about them?

Anonymous said...

You can do retakes but there's no guarantee they're gonna smile for real in those either. I'll have to post Dom's so you can see his totally fake smile! All your kids are adorable! ~Miranda~

The Pruetz Family said...

I think the pictures are really cute. I'd keep them for sure. Of course, I've never met your kids in person, so maybe I just don't know that they are actually cuter than the photos (although I think they look pretty darn adorable in the ones you posted!).

Congrats on the potty training. I'll be coming to you for advice in a year or so! ;)

Proud Grandparents said...

I think the pictures are good but maybe could be better but you never know. Enjoyed the slide show.

TheBernardBunch said...

I think Toya's picture is great, and I would do the retake for Jordan, to see if you can get a better smile.

It was great seeing you on Saturday. When we get back from Wisconsin, I think I would like to start going to Toy Library with you on Fridays.

Good luck with the Potty Training, I HATE potty training!

Cassie

Ellen said...

It is hard when you don't know the child really well - only you know if they can do better on their part. I think that Toya's is very pretty. Jordan's is not BAD either... I like his pose, but they could have done a better job centering him in the photo. Only you can decide. If you think you can get better shots, try again. -Do you get to keep these pics regardless??
Once again, you've been very busy!! I don't know how you do it. Congrats on the potty training successes! I hope it continues to progress quickly. ;) Have a great week!

Auntie of four plus one! said...

I think the pics are okay. Toya's could be better though. Jordan's is pretty good. He sure has grown up!!! But I would probably take retakes. I'm glad the potty training is going pretty good! It's sad to see how much they are growing up on me! Slow them down a little will you? :)

Laura said...

I would get the retakes done. They are not terrible pictures but I have seen much better of both of your kids. Just my opinion, again they are still cute.