? ??????????????Butterfly Blues? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.0 (12 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 557 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly All Around? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (5 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 649 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Sometimes Im Blue? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, November 16, 2007

What to do (venting)?

well, from the title of the post, i bet you can guess that i have a dilemma! actually i have two of them. the first is a christmas issue. i will be upfront in saying that i do not like to talk about my problems, especially money issues as i am too proud normally, but i have literally been sick to my stomache thinking about christmas. i know, gifts are not everything, but this year, we have absolutely no money for christmas. normally, my hubby gets a check from work by now, but he has not gotten it, so, i am assuming that he will not be getting one this year. you have no idea how many nights i have cried thinking of my kids waking up on christmas morning with nothing under the tree. don't get me wrong, they will not have absolutely nothing, i have gotten them a couple of things, but that's it. christmas just seemed to quietly and quickly sneak up on us. normally we live well, my hubby makes good money, but we do not have extra money to even set aside for things that may come up, mostly due to the oil prices (we live in a big, OLD house which takes tons of oil), and gas prices. so, we do not have a savings account to draw from. i am going to continue to pray and trust in God to help. i know he will supply all my NEEDS, but what about wants for your kids? oh, and did i mention exactly how many birthdays we have coming just this week alone! we have my moms on the 18th, hubby's mom on the 19th, hubby's on the 20th, and my sister jessica and daughter latoya's on the 25th. we cannot afford to buy any of them anything, nothing! i know they will understand, but it doesn't make it any easier. latoya is having a big party on monday. it is already paid for, that's the only reason she is having one. atleast it should be a good day for her. also, just a side note, my kids are eating and the bills are paid, we are not that poor, it's just the extras we don't have money for. once again, i know it could be worse, and i know presents are not everything, but they are quit a bit to 4 kids! :)

anyway, my next problem involves jordan. another sore spot with me is pointing out faults in my kids. i just plain do not like to talk about my kids faults. i do have very good kids in my eyes and normally they are fairly well behaved kids, but, they are still kids. they do the normal kid bickering and pushing mine and their siblings buttons. anyway, like i said, this involves jordan. jordan, while he can be very mean to his sisters, usually gets along great with all other children and very rarely has any issues with them. the past couple of montsh for jordan have been very trying. he has come home 3 times with notes of concern from his teacher. all of them have been for spitting. this time the note said that if he did it again, he would be sent to the principle. he knows there is no excuse, and he gets in trouble no matter what the person did to him. here is the issue though, it always involves the same boy. jordan is not one to start a fight, EVER! he will defend himself, but to do that, he will not hit another child, he turns to spitting. i know it is gross and beleive me, it is not tolerated at home at all! my problem is that this other little boy is ALWAYS the one who has either tripped jordan, hit him, or is involved in some other way. the thing that makes this more difficult is that the other little boy is the teachers son. the advice i have been given is to have the principle talk to jordan before he actually gets sent there. i think that is an awesome idea, and i will definitely do that. my question is what to do about the obvious bully. this is a kid that i have personally seen go up and push jordan and several other kids for no reason, and stick his foot out to trip other kids. don't get me wrong, i am beyond upset at jordan for spitting repeatedly. any good suggestions or things you may have done when your kids ran into a bully. obviously this is a little different since the teacher is this other boys mom, so things are needless to say very uncomfortable for me. it's not like i can just go to the teacher about it. anyway, any ideas would be good.

i also just wanted to mention that jordan saw the dr. today for the last time for his HSP. his urine still showed only a trace of urine, so we are done with the dr. appts. of course tonight he had a pretty bad stomache ache, but i am hoping it is just a coincidence, we'll see how the night goes. he has not had anymore outbreaks of the rash either. :)

on to other news, the girls are doing EXCELLENT on the potty training. kelsey went all day with no accidents, and kaylee had one. this included going grocery shopping as well as a couple of errands, and the accident that kaylee had was when she was playing. she just got distracted. i also have not changes a poopy diaper for about 2 weeks. for some reason pooping on the toilet came easier for them then the peeing. i know it is usually the other way around, but i;m happy with it! :) i'd rather have the peeing accidents than the pooping ones! sorry, too much info! i'm just so proud of them. it was definitely easier than i thought it would be!

so, that is all for tonight. i do not have pictures surprisingly. also, i was asked a few times what i thought of the kids pictures. i personally think jordan's are great. that pose is jordan. his facial expression and everything, my hubby and i really liked his. so, i think i will keep his. toyas i thought came out great too, i just didn't like how her head was tilted. looked to me like she was straining her neck. anyway, i think i will get toya's done again and keep jordan's. i'm stil not positive though.

i will post another update with pictures of toya's party either monday or tuesday. it ought to be interesting seeing as we will have about 16 kids bowling. i'm not sure what to expect, but i think they will have alot of fun!

i hope you all have a great week!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with stress. I wish there was something I could do. I do think the many toys at Christmas can get out of hand. One thing I read on several blogs was the idea of giving three gifts only and make them have more meaning. Maybe this will help all of you focus less on the gifts and more on other things. I know that is not an easy thing. Maybe something will turn around.

I wish I had advice for you on the bully. In general I am very unsettled with injustice so it bothers me to hear about this other boy. On the other hand I believe life if full of unfair hard situations and we all have to learn to succeed working around them. It will be good and important to teach Jordan a good way to deal with this w/o spitting. As we grow we learn some people are hard to get along with, things happen that are totally unfair... part of growing is learning how to deal with all this and become a better person. It's all a growing experience. Maybe he could talk to the principal and see if there is something he could do or someone who could talk to when this child is out of hand or being bad... that way he could control his anger.

Claremont First Ward said...

Lots going on in your house.....glad to hear the girls are doing so well with the potty training!

Sorry to hear about the bully. Sounds like there isn't much you can do if the teacher is his mom and you can't get teacher intervention. We've had one instance of bullying, but it was nipped in the bud by the teacher.

I just read about the price of oil going up 40 percent and I was thinking how glad I am that we are not in the Northeast right now. We had oil heating in our duplex. What is it a gallon now? I remember our first year we had a plan with a cap and it capped at 2.11. The second year it was 2.40. I thought that was expensive. I am so, so sorry that money is such an issue this Christmas.....does your church family do any charitable gifts? I know that you are NOT looking for donations, just wanting to express how upsetting it is to you, but my church always does some sort of collection for those who just don't have any extra to spend on gifts. It's usually in the form of an "angel" tree. Angels are placed on a tree with requests for something like, "toy for 4 year old" or "hygenic kit", etc. No one knows who they are for, but the person who takes the angel gets great satisfaction out of giving if they have extra. Just thought it might be something to think about......sometimes we just have to allow others to help, and then recriprocate when we can.......and all of aside.....I guarantee that your children will still love Christmas, no matter how many gifts they recieve because you'll make it special in every way you know how. I think that's much more important and special than any old toy.......

GLad to hear that Jordan got the all clear, too!

Joleene said...

I agree that working with Jordan to figure different options besides spitting would be a good idea. It would make him feel better too.

I would still talk to someone about this boy being bully. I know you don't feel comfortable going to the teacher but maybe it would be something to discuss either with another teacher or the principal. I will tell you from my experience as a teacher that bullies do not usually get better on their own. If they are getting a reaction from the kids, they will continue to do it. I would worry about what will happen when this boy is in 2nd or 3rd grade and much bigger. Think about talking to someone because that behavior is not something that should be tolerated.

Joleene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are under so much stress. The most important thing that I can say is to take this time to teach your family what the real meaning of Christmas is. Sometimes we get so busy and wrapped up in the tinsel of Christmas, the presents, etc and we forget "The reason for the season is Jesus" Although money may be tight take the time and maybe even a little money to help someone that is worse off than you. Adopt a kid for Christmas and get your kids involved by seeing what you can do for that child or family. When its over you will see how God saw you through it.

Mary said...

My best friend doesn't have any money to buy her children presents (I mean NONE) so she was able to sign up with this program through her oldest daughter's school where a family "adopts" them and buys whatever presents the children need/want. She even put that they needed coats and if at all possible she would want them now...sure enough..a family went ahead and bought all three children coats (really nice ones too). I know when I was single and in college I always picked an "angel" (I don't know if they are called the same thing everywhere or not) or two to buy gifts for. I was very fortunate when I was in college to have a very well paying job and one year I bought too many presents so they were able to split them up among others. Ahhhh...to have that money back again! LOL I know how you feel though...I am hearing the same story from just about everyone. And I agree..it's the gas prices that are causing a lot of the problems. It takes about $65 to fill up our van so now we are working on trying to sell it to get a car (wish we would have thought of gas prices when we bought it..UGH!). I will be praying for you. :)

The Manning Family said...

Hey girl!
I TOTALLY understand wbere you're coming from about Christmas. Being a single income family, it is so hard. Like you, we have a roof over our head and foot to eat and clothes to get us through the right seasons. God does provide our needs, but what about the desires for our children? I want so badly to give our girls lots that they want, but we can't. We can barely afford an evening out to dinner every now and then.

I am mulling over the idea of 'letting Santa know' that our girls only get three gifts under the tree from him. We've never done that before, and with the twins, it'll be no problem. But the four year old WILL KNOW something's amiss. I feel sure she'll adjust, but Christmas is really about the kids and I want theirs to be the best.

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in your plight. Will be thinking about you, and I know it may not help, but God will provide!

Have a great Thanksgiving!